In order to know how to cleanse liver in the best way, its helpful to understand what the liver does.
The liver performs 1000s of functions, vital to life and health. The liver processes poisons from air, food and water which have been absorbed for removal from the body. Additional all toxins created in the body resulting from metabolism are removed mainly by the liver. The liver also breaks down old red blood cells and reprocesses body substances, extracting iron from hemoglobin, and reusing amino acids.
What cannot be eliminated rapidly will be stored as safely as possible for removal when the system is no longer overloaded from first priority processing. Liver cleansing means giving the liver time to rest by taking part of the burden of chemical processing off the liver and supplying nutrients that need to be replenished which are needed by detoxification processes. Basic knowledge helps you know how to cleanse liver.
The liver stores carbohydrates as glycogen, which can be quickly converted into glucose (for energy) if needed by the brain, muscles, or other organs. It also stores certain nutrients like vitamins (A, B-complex, B12, D, E and K), releasing them into the blood when the body needs them. These reserves can last several months. The proteins albumin, globulin and fibrinogen --all the components of blood plasma-- are also manufactured in the liver.
When thinking of how to cleanse liver, most people are thinking of how to clear gallstones and slug.
The liver processes wastes and converts them into forms that can be secreted by the kidneys into the urine as well as into bile that is secreted by the bile.
When bile becomes too concentrated, due to excess cholesterol or bacterial irritants, it begins to precipitate out and form stones. The size may range from small gravel to the diameter of a small plum. These may block the flow of bile. A number of symptoms may occur, such as: biliousness, headaches, indigestion, gas, abdominal discomfort, belching, bloating, dizziness, nausea, fat intolerance, bad breath, or jaundice.
An enduring sharp pain, or two or more attacks of severe but intermittent abdominal pain may be caused by stones blocking the bile duct. Learning how to clean the liver involves preparing for seven day short-term gallbladder flush or taking a little more time by going slow and taking thirty days or more to do it.
Dealing with gallbladder issues is about how to cleanse liver.
Note: without proper preparation, a gallbladder cleanse can cause harm and a lot of discomfort. Some people in trying to cleanse the gallbladder end up having to have surgery to remove stones that won't pass on their own. Slower is better in regard to how to cleanse liver.
How to cleanse liver involve the following preparatory steps:
1. Cleaning the gut and following a diet that put a lot of vegetable fiber and bulk into the intestines. Remove all processed foods and beverages. Filling the gut with fiber helps to remove toxic wastes through the colon rather than needing to be absorbed into the blood and needing to be processed by the liver. Taking a burden off the liver means the liver has more energy to do its house cleaning and repair work.
2. Drink plenty of water while taking 2-3 grams of herbs that help to build and cleanse the kidneys. The kidneys are one pathway the liver uses to remove wastes, so well functioning kidneys, means the kidneys won't be overburdened as the liver begins removing more wastes than normal.
3. Add an herbal formula that will increase peristalsis while helping to break down gallstones. Cascara sagrada helps stimulate the gallbladder to contract also. Hydrangea and magnesium are useful for breaking down stones. Fats and oils near the gallbladder stimulate bile to be excreted.
4.Gradually increase the laxative liver cleanse formula to bowel tolerance for 30 days or as long as desired.
5.Then for thirty days, before bed on an empty stomach take 1 tablespoon olive oil mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. If you are sensitive to this amount merely cut the amount in half.
Only attempt this seven day gallbladder cleanse when the colon, gallbladder and kidneys are in fairly good shape. Precede a liver/gallbladder cleanse by a complete and thorough cleansing of the colon is necessary.
1. Day one to noon day six, drink as much organic apple juice as you can (three quarts or more). To be taken between meals on an empty stomach.
2. Use 3 Lb (Systemic Formulas) 4 times a day between meals.
3. At noon day six, have a lunch of vegetables, both raw and steamed.
4. Three hours after lunch dissolve 2 teaspoons epsom salts into one once of hot water. Drink and follow with 4 ounces of grapefruit or orange or lemon juice.
5. Two hours later repeat.
6. For supper on day six eat only one grapefruit
7. at bedtime, drink four ounces of double virgin olive oil followed by four ounces of fresh grapefruit juice. If some nausea occurs it usually disappears in less than an hour.
8. Go to bed. Lie on your right side with your right knee pulled up close to your chest for 30 minutes.
9. The morning of day seven, one hour before breakfast, take two teaspoons of magnesium sulfate salt. Within a few hours bowel movement and gallstones should pass.